Mike proves that age has no boundaries! At 58, he is not only in peak physical shape, but he inspires all CrossFit Wildwood clients to reach new levels. He believes no matter what age or condition you’re in physically or mentally, you can reshape your body and challenge your mind to be strong and healthy for life! CrossFit is a perfect workout to strengthen the muscles, tendons and ligaments that you use for everyday tasks which helps avoid injury and improve balance and motor function.
Mike has been involved with CrossFit for over four years and is a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. As a semi-retired AARP card-carrying member, Mike enjoys coaching and spending numerous hours at CFWW (a.k.a. the BOX). He is married and has three amazing daughters, two are of whom are avid CrossFitters at CrossFit Wildwood.
His CrossFit goal is to compete in the CrossFit Games at the age of 60 (super intense competition between athletes from around the world. Must make it through 2 previous levels, The Open and The Regionals, in order to qualify for the Games).
- Favorite Cheat Meal – steak and sweet potato fries
- Favorite Benchmark WOD – The Seven
- Favorite movement – squat clean, pull-ups
- Interesting Fact – worked 4 years for the Atlanta Braves and the Atlanta Falcons ground crews
- Chocolate or Vanilla – vanilla – plain and simple!
- Mountains or Beach – beach, “nothing better than sun, sand and water…”
Come take a class with Mike at CrossFit Wildwood for the workout of your life – you will be stronger than ever in no time and have fun getting there.